Friday, August 12, 2011

Picasso

What is a face, really? Its own photo? Its make-up? Or is it a face as painted by such or such painter? That which is in front? Inside? Behind? And the rest? Doesn't everyone look at himself in his own particular way? Deformations simply do not exist.

- Pablo Picasso


I believe progress is the result of positive thinking, love and support. It's time to do my part.

Step 2: Gettin' out of the Bag.

I can do this.


July 27, 2011
The day after.

~

August 9

~

August 12

~

Can you see me?


Not exactly aesthetically pleasing. Not really anywhere close. The thought of my face being on display brings my heart full stop to my gut. But I don't want to be ashamed anymore. And I don't have the luxury of my own vanity. I figure if there is nothing to lose, there is no reason to be ashamed. I am loved. There is nothing to be ashamed of.

I have learned that the act of smiling is so much more important than how I look when I'm doing it. It's good for my heart... as well as for my family's. There's a new appreciation I have for smiling. I intend to do much more of it.

The pain is fierce. The sharp pains going from the base of my neck to my skull are dreadful. Loud noise is piercing to my ear.. and leaves an undesirable ache. Loratabs don't work. Ear plugs make my head throb. Time hasn't done the trick.

When all else fails... prayer is enough. I can do that. I can pray.




1 comment:

  1. You are beautiful inside and out! And you are definitely loved *hugs* You deserve a whoopie pie (or two)! I can tell that you have a little more control in your smile...let's keep praying for immediate recovery and so quickly that you don't need that referral to the neuro after all :)

    ReplyDelete